Pages

Monday, November 7, 2011

New Mercies Every Morning

My weekend was tiring but fulfilling. We had a play-date turned sleepover that made my girl so very happy, and homemade vanilla cupcakes to boot. Is there any small appliance better than a Kitchen Aid mixer?




A time of creativity with my business sister from another mother, but of the same heavenly Father. That resulted in lots of fun stuff, but best of all this baby blanket, which is one of our first collaborative efforts. It's a baby blue crocheted piece trimmed in an African fabric. This ain't no ordinary baby blanket. It's a Sweet Jubilee original. More info to come.

I will not talk about scrubbing toilets 'til 5am, Saturday morning, which is what I did after those moments of creativity. What a way to end the evening. I do not recommend it, by the way. Oh, did I mention the sick child who crawled in the bed soon after I did? 

I went to bed early (for me) last night, and woke up feeling rested and restless. Spent some time talking with God about the idea of fostering. Still praying about that. As I looked out and saw the sun breaking through the clouds and fog this morning, I was reminded that his mercies are new every morning. So, I live, move, and breathe in that promise and in the promise of his love, daily. Tomorrow has enough worries of it's own.

So do not worry about tomorrow; for tomorrow will care for itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own. ~Matthew 6:34





No comments:

Post a Comment