Pages

Friday, November 18, 2011

Vegan Orange Muffins

So I am wheat and gluten free for the moment in an attempt to figure out what triggers my upset stomach. I decided to make some muffins (that I couldn't enjoy) for the kids this morning. I have some gluten-free flour, but I am NOT convinced. So here's the recipe.

Vegan Orange Muffins (Makes 12)
The other nine have already been digested.













2 cups bread flour
1/2 cup raw sugar
3 tsp baking powder
heaping 1/2 tsp salt
3/4 cup orange juice
1 small ripened banana
1/2 carrot
1/3 cup canola oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
zest of a small orange

Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
Puree the banana and carrots.
Add orange juice, oil, and vanilla extract. Blend together for a few seconds.
Mix dry bread flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
Combine wet and dry ingredients.
Add zest and mix in.

Lightly grease muffin pans.
Use a spoon to fill 3/4 full.
Bake in oven for 20-25 minutes.
Remove from muffin pan, and eat.

How many calories you say? I don't know. I never count. Just eat one. I dare ya!

Enjoy!  I heard they were good before folks heard they were vegan. They smelled so yummy, but I had an apple instead:(



No comments:

Post a Comment