Pages

Friday, February 17, 2012

Dollars and Sense and Love


I've been absent for a while, but it's been a little busy here with gymnastics practices and meets, dance rehearsals, homeschooling, house cleaning, and can you believe breakfast, lunch, and dinner, too? Oh, yes! How could I forget? We've been to the vet twice in the last week; to the tune of $300+ dollars.



Our dog, Luke Skywalker, has been having some issues in his nether regions which has meant nothing but dollars, and more dollars on my end. The more I hand over the money, the more I think that dog ownership is really for the childless and wealthy. Any way, all that has left me feeling kinda like this. . .


Thank God for pet insurance that will  reimburse some of the cost, but really can't all living things in your household be included on the family health insurance? It just makes sense. This is all about a a decision to show love to an animal who had not received a lot of love in his life. I'll have to keep reminding myself of those noble intentions as the years go on. Praying a blessed weekend for you with many opportunities to show love, especially to humans.


If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love, I gain nothing. ~ 1 Corinthians 13:3




No comments:

Post a Comment