Pages

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Bread Rising


Need I say more? Well, I guess I should, because this is really a bread-xperiment. I have such a hard time following recipes. What's wrong with me? Help! I can't stop. The original recipe is for a simple white bread, but I like to spice things up a bit. Truth is, I did not have enough unbleached flour, so I added some wheat. Then I thought, "Well, fried dumplings sure taste good with cornmeal; so why not add some to the bread?" Pray for the family, because sometimes they have to suffer through the results of my experimenting. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Apparently the calendar only helps if you look at the stuff you've written on it. I worked with my eight year old most of the day, and started this bread late. The bread was on it's second rise when I had to take Princess Sunshine to dance, but as we were leaving an event popped up on my phone. Wouldn't you know, it was back to school night for our homeschool co-op.  I was not at all dressed for an evening anywhere. Arrgghhhh! I looked like I was headed to dance rehearsal, but with no time to spare I had to let that issue go.

I left the boys with instructions to bake the bread and to set it out to cool before they left for my eldest's Civil Air Patrol meeting. Then the Princess and I were off to dance, late. I was driving a tad crazy, then I collected myself, and remembered why I don't have any stickers of faith on my car. My driving etiquette must improve in order for me to represent the kingdom. Can you say, "Conviction?"

Ouch!

Tune in tomorrow for more on Bread Uprising . . .


And Jesus said unto them, "I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst."    ~ John 6:35
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment