Pages

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Bread uprising . . . It has risen indeed!


Yummicious! This bread is definitely not for the faint of heart. It's quite hearty in texture, and would make excellent sandwich bread. It's of the sweet wheat variety. My younger son said, "I'm not really a wheat person, but it's the best wheat I've ever had. I don' really like the crust though." Hubby loved it; crust and all. I can definitely feel the texture of the cornmeal, but it has really great flavor. Maybe that's what Thunder meant when he said he didn't like the crust. The cornmeal definitely makes for a more textured loaf of bread.

The original recipe can be found on the Tasty Kitchen website. The link is here:
http://tastykitchen.com/recipes/breads/amish-white-bread-loaves/

The above photo was taken with my handy-dandy Nikon Coolpix L110. It's one of three cameras I use. This one is not the workhorse, but it gets the job done. I love it because it's easy as pie to use and it has a food scene selector. Tomorrow I'll add pics from the Canon EOS Rebel XT. You can can compare for yourself. I'll also add my tweaked recipe tomorrow. After a couple of hours at the  Science Center and art supply shopping with an extremely tired four year old, I'm all done in. Off to prepare for our first co-op day tomorrow.


Enjoy.


Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment