Pages

Friday, September 23, 2011

A Holy Hug

 Were you in the Maryland-D.C. area this Friday evening, around 6:40 p.m. when Abba, our God and Creator reached down and gave a holy hug? I was sitting at a light, on a main road in Laurel, a neighboring city, and just happened to look up. Behold! Before me was the most beautiful sight mine eyes had ever see, outside of the miracle of birth, of course.

No, it wasn't a bird, it wasn't a plane, nor was it Superman. It was Abba, father, and Jesus my Savior; with arms stretched out wide in that age old promise. The greatest hero, this world had ever known: the only one to sacrifice his very life, for mine, and yours, and every sinner in between. He was thinking of us. He knew we needed a reminder that we are just sojourning here

Our country and our world is in such turmoil. Need I quote the headlines?  Need I quote the scriptures that foretold this? But, in the midst of all of that mess is a reminder that could only come from the one who created us: a reminder of the promise made to Noah and his family in Genesis.




That of course only reminds me of all the His other promises. I was literally in awe when I saw these rainbows.  Yes, there were two rainbows. I felt like I needed to get out of my car and lay prostrate before the God of the universe. I felt kinda like Ezekiel did here: As the appearance of the rainbow in the clouds on a rainy day, so was the appearance of the surrounding radiance. Such was the appearance of the likeness of the glory of the LORD. And when I saw it, I fell on my face and heard a voice speaking. (Ezekiel 1:28)


Ya'll these were no ordinary rainbows. I feel like Charlotte did in Charlotte's Web, but these were no ordinary rainbows. They were RADIANT. They glowed. I know scientists will have their theories and hypotheses about why these rainbows were so very RADIANT, but I think "there's only one thing comes to mind, there's only one thing to describe. . ." 




When I finally collected myself, I called home to tell the kids to look outside. I don't even think they could understand much of what I was saying; I sounded like a blubbering fool. I was awestruck. I was praising God and trying to explain what was going on to Dominic. Now that I think about, I'm so glad that was not recorded. On the other hand, I know that there are people who saw the same thing I did, and who did not at all think of the Sovereign God. That just means we have to introduce them to Him.


Have a divinely ordained weekend. 


No comments:

Post a Comment