Monday, January 30, 2012
Because sometimes we need to be reminded. . .
Yesterday's message was so good. Our Pastor just talked about how easy it is to take scriptures out of context and make them say what we want. He spoke specifically about the "prosperity" movement and the idea that we can tell God what we want and when, instead of trusting to him fulfill our needs and not our wants. It was just so timely for me, as I struggle with issues of faith and really depending on God knowing that he knows what I need before I can even ask.
Sermon Title: The Lord Will Provide
Speaker: Dr. Lonny Wortham
1. Every verse has a context and a relationship.
2. God will and does provide for his people.
3. God is not our fairy God father who grants our wishes on a whim.
4. Those who follow the "prosperity" movement do so, because they do not know their value to God.
5. If we love and obey our Heavenly Father, and desire his will for us, he will provide what we need.
"Look at the birds. They don't plant or harvest or store food in barns, for your heavenly Father feeds them. And aren't you far more valuable to him than they are?"
Those are the words of Jesus, so why do trust in the greasy grace prosperity TV Pastor whose main goal is to distort the gospel and have us send him money for a book or a blessing?
Posted by Simocha at 9:27 AM