Pages

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

On Letting Go, to Grab Hold Of . . .

. . .the best thing. Lent starts today and I'm excited to open my hand and heart to release stuff, so that I can have more of Jesus. I was sharing with my friend, Nicole, about someone's conviction on saying no to things so that we can chose the best one. Nicole said, "And isn't Jesus the best thing?"

I had to reflect on that a moment, because He is the best thing. And only when we open our hands to let go, truly let go other things, will we have room to grasp this one thing. That He alone is worthy. He alone is life. He alone is Savior

Jesus said, "I am the bread of life; he who comes to Me will not hunger,
and he who believes in Me, will never thirst.  ~John 6:35


 The kids and I just had our Lent kick-off devotion and it was so good to hear little people and the big teenager talk about letting things go to focus on Jesus. If you want to see him more clearly, won't you join us in letting go and letting Jesus in.

Here are some great links:

Desiring God

A Holy Experience




No comments:

Post a Comment