Pages

Thursday, September 29, 2011

The Fountain of Youth = Grace and Mercy

I was at the library today and the library supervisor asked if I would like to come to a workshop for junior high and high school students. I was kinda speechless, like uh, well. . .uh. . .high school was a long time ago actually. Then he really looked at me and said, "What, ten years?"

"Er, uh, no, closer to twenty than ten," was my uncomfortable response.

"Oh!" The librarian looked at me over his glasses, again.

I thought about it for a second and felt GOOD about being thought of as a kid. I basked in that for a moment and then I realized that I couldn't even take credit. My face bares a resemblance to my Creator. It's been washed by His blood and is being moisturized daily, by his grace and brand new mercies.

I mean who doesn't want to be thought of as young and vibrant. There are industries completely dedicated to keeping us looking young. I don't know about anyone else, but I was so foolish when I was young. I thought I was so smart and that I knew so much, and the truth is that I did know some things, but I know those things differently and better now. I would not want to go back, unless it was for a do-over. What I understand better now than I did then, is that everything I have, the food I eat, the clothes I wear, the very air that I breathe are gifts from Abba-Daddy to me.

Every second, every minute, every hour, every day, and every year is simply an undeserved gift from God.


3 Who forgives all your iniquities,
         Who heals all your diseases,
 4 Who redeems your life from destruction,
         Who crowns you with lovingkindness and tender mercies,
 5 Who satisfies your mouth with good things,
         So that your youth is renewed like the eagle’s. 
                                                                  ~Psalm 103

No comments:

Post a Comment