Pages

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

I Give My Stuff Away . . .

. . .so you can use me. Hopefully William McDowell can forgive me for ripping his words, but they are so appropriate. Look around your house. Do you have too much stuff? I do, and I need to get rid of a lot.  I wonder why when I get rid of clutter, it quickly returns. It doesn't just reappear, I'm guilty of bringing it in. Oh my! I'm the culprit. As I'm writing this, I have stuff on the way from Zulily; bad girl!

I guess if I'm just trading old clutter for new clutter, I can't really say I'm de-cluttering. Does that mean I'm re-cluttering, in essence recycling the clutter? Oooh, I'm bad, and not in a good way.This is one of those things you just have to do without giving yourself too much time to think. I guess I can find excuses to hang on to almost anything; but what I need to do is find reasons to give most of it away.

If I'm completely honest, I'll say that I might wear half of what's in my closet. The other half doesn't fit, or makes me look pregnant bad. So, I should let it go. I really did de-clutter this summer. I guess it's bad when you have to de-clutter the give-away box. It sits in our upstairs hallway-like space and the clothes have been like this:


Ssshhh! Don't tell Flylady.

No comments:

Post a Comment