Pages

Saturday, March 31, 2012

A Worthwhile Interlude

Tomorrow we celebrate Passover during corporate worship. I am excited, but obviously not as excited as Princess E who said, "I can't wait for Passover! I can't wait! I can't wait! I can't wait." 


Jesus said, "Truly I tell you, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a child will never enter it." (Luke 18:17)

What would it take for us to be as excited about Passover as a little child?

I too am excited about remembering that very first Passover, but I'm even more excited about what Passover foreshadowed--the coming of Messiah, my Passover Lamb. What could be better than that? Passover reminds me of  the death and punishment I deserve, but for his mercy and grace that so amazingly spares me from that. No death. No shame. No punishment.

The Apostle Paul puts it this way, "Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus," (Romans 8:1)

This leads me, not to a boastful or prideful life, but instead calls me to desire a life that worships my redeemer, Lord, Savior, and King in every moment I live. That my friends is no easy task, and the more I see that as what God desires of me, the more I realize how far I am away from that place. All I can do is cry out while I continue to press toward that mark.

I pray that you as you travel this straight and narrow road, you will be encouraged along the way. That you would not linger in a place of despair, but that you would remember the foot of the cross where we all find hope, forgiveness, grace, and mercy in abundance.



Peace to you on this Lord's Day.

Love,

Simocha




No comments:

Post a Comment